Home Health & Hospice Aide Competency Exam & Study Guide
2012-2014 Home Health & Hospice Aide Exam is NOW AVAILABLE!
The 2010-2012 Home Health & Hospice Aide Exam Expired August 31, 2012.
Make sure you are testing with a current version of the exam to avoid State Survey Deficiency in this area.
*Please note: You must fill out separate forms for the Study Guide and Certification Exam
Payment must be received before the exam can be sent out. Please note that mailing your order and payment to the OAHC office can take up to two weeks to receive. To receive the exam sooner, please fax your order form to (877) 458-8348 or email to email@example.com. You can include your credit card information on your order form or we can take it over the phone. If you have any questions, please contact our office at (503) 364-2733.
The Oregon Association for Home Care developed the Home Health & Hospice Aide Certification as a standard for our industry. This examination tests the basic competencies of individuals who have received training in accordance with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, to work as nursing assistants. The examination format is based on the Oregon Administrative Rules and the federal requirements with nine points of emphasis relating to home care. The points are:
- Communication Skills;
- Observation of, reporting of and documentation about the patient and care provided, including basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to the aide's supervisor;
- Physical, emotional and developmental needs of, and ways to work with the propulation served by the home health agency, including the need for respect for the patient, his/her privacy and his/her property;
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment;
- Basic infection control procedures;
- Basic nutrition and food preparation techniques as appropriate;
- Recognizing emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures;
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration;
- Basic elements of body functioning and changes in body function that must be reported to an aide's supervisor.
HHA Study Guide
The study guide is for the OAHC Home Health & Hospice Aide Exam. This study guide was developed to assist the Certified Nurse Assistant hired for the position of Home Health Aide to better familiarize themselves with the areas of care in which they may be responsible. The study guide was developed based on various contributions from individuals serving on the OAHC Education and Conference Committee. The CNA who completes the review and understands the topics presented in the study guide, will be better prepared in their understanding of these topics to complete the OAHC Home Health & Hospice Aide Certification Exam (2012-2014).